Sunday, September 6, 2009

Musings on comfort, peace, and joy

I love the words of the Savior found in John 14:27.
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

I love the verbage that the Savior uses. He grants us peace, then invites us to discard the worry that would trouble or make us afraid. True peace comes only as we entrust the Lord with our worries, then work the best we can.

"But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things. Adam fell that man might be, and men are that they might have joy." 2 Nephi 2:24-25

When we trust in the Lord we can see that HE has a purpose in things. As we trust we are given peace that surpasses all understanding, and that peace allows us to feel pure JOY

1 comment: